Posted in technology | 7 Comments »
Citation Manager is a WordPress plugin that allows you to track and display external citations to WordPress content.
While trackbacks and pingbacks are fine for displaying references from other websites which support them, what do you do when, say, a print newspaper, book or magazine makes reference to your content? Citation Manager provides a solution. Download from wordpress.org.
At a Glance
- Adds a form to post and page screens to manage external citations
- Displays an unordered list of citations per post/page, or nothing if there are no citations
- Provides shortcodes for summarizing citation data
- On the page/post edit screen, press “Add citation”.
- Fill in *at least* the Publication or Title fields and save/update.
- On pages/posts with citations, Citation Manager will output them after the content.
- If a URL element is provided, it will be applied to the Title if present or to the Publication if not.
- Press “Delete citation” and save/update to remove a citation.
- Use Settings->Citation Manager to alter the text/HTML to come before and after the citation list.
- [citation-count-total] outputs an integer indicating the total number of citations to all content on the site
- [citation-count] outputs an integer indicating the total number of citations to the present page or post
- [citation-dump] outputs a nested unordered list of page/post titles and citations to them
- Initial release
Possibly related posts: (automatically generated)
- Related posts on Citation Manager
- Microsoft Word 2007
- Related posts on WordPress plugin
- Natural Eye Care » Blog Archive » Natural approaches to natural …
- Home Business Idea – a Business to Make Money Fast Anyone Can Do …