An anarchist’s declaration
- I wish no power* over you.
- I wish that you have no power over me.
- Where I have power over you, I shall seek to renounce it.
- Where you have power over me, I shall pray that you renounce it, and so long as it be extant, I shall condemn it.
- Where there are those who would try to give me power over you, I shall denounce them and condemn them.
- Where there are those who would try to give you power over me, I shall laugh at them and condemn them.
- Where you would use force to sustain any putative power relationship over me, I shall condemn you and resist you, and call to my brethren in our struggle against you.
- Where a tyrant, a majority, a plurality, or a minority presume to grant you power over me, or over anyone else, I shall condemn it, resist it, renounce it and denounce it.
- Where there are those who are subjugated beneath the boot heel of power, by “democratic” means or otherwise, I shall support their resistance, their condemnation, their denunciation and their renunciation.
- I shall make no compromise with evil.
Signed: Michael Jude Gogulski, born free at Phoenix, Arizona, 8 August 1972.
* Replace the word “power” here with “privilege” if that vocabulary better suits your understanding.